Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Peanut Butter Crispies


If any of you know my sister Becky, you should understand why, it is her that I blame this horrible family trait of the major sweet tooth. I know, I myself could sit down and eat 12 cookies without batting an eye. While growing up it was a well known fact that someone in our house had a small treasure of cookies or candy or sugar cereal hidden away so that they wouldn't have to share with the rest of us. We LLLOOOOVVVEEE dessert, sweet things and anything with chocolate. The reason I blame Becky is well #1 she is the oldest and must have started the tradition. But the 2nd reason and the best reason and the reason for this post is because my sister is an amazing cook. She makes the sweetest and most desired desserts of all time. This recipe is one of my favorites. It is very simple, yet very amazing. Thanks Becky for this recipe and your sweet tooth, it's truly amazing you are so skinny.


Peanut Butter Crispies

1 c. sugar

1 c. corn syrup

Dash of salt

Melt in pan to not quite boiling


Add

2 c. peanut butter

4+ c. rice crispies


Flatten on cookie sheet


Frosting

**You may half this frosting recipe as that is the way it is meant to be. But I love it so so so much that I doubled it once and now that's how I have it in my recipe book. So do as you may. But if you were at my Scentsy party the other night, don't half this recipe if you liked the crispies the way I made them.


1 c. butter

1 c. brown sugar

Melt together


Add

2 T. milk

2 t. vanilla

5 c. powdered sugar

**Notice the ratio of frosting to crispy.....hmmmm!!

2 comments:

amberjill said...

I thought you might leave out the tidbit about the double frosting. ya know, hoping someone would make it for a function you were attending, that way they would be the right way at the function. Especially when they tell everyone they got the recipe from you. You've got a rep to protect!!

Julie said...

Just so you know....I doubled the frosting on the recipe....so thats the way it stands!!!