Saturday, September 12, 2009

J.J. loves my Rosemary Chicken


Let's get one thing perfectly clear: Although I love J.J. dearly, I never have nor will I ever date J.J. The reason being J.J. is married to my sister. But J.J. is so fun to cook for. He is one of those people who appreciates good cookin' and he absolutely loves my rosemary chicken. So that is the reason I am breaking my own rule and naming this dish after him instead of someone I dated. Because I figure anyone who moans and groans that much about something I cook should either be married to me or have the dish named after them. So logistically speaking I had to name the dish:

J.J. loves my Rosemary Chicken

4 chicken breasts- I have used chicken tenders too.

1/2 c. olive oil

1/4 c. balsamic vinegar

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

1 clove crushed garlic

2 TBSP. fresh rosemary or 1 tsp. dried rosemary

Mix together olive oil, vinegar, S&P, garlic and rosemary in a shallow glass dish. Put chicken in to marinade for at least an hour. Then grill for 6-8 minutes on each side. You can also saute the chicken over meduim high heat for 6-8 minutes on each side, but be aware the balsamic vinegar will create a dark glaze on the chicken and in the pan. But don't be afraid that it is burning and take it off the heat too soon or else you might undercook it! Grilling is the easiest when the weather permits.

I hope you all enjoy this as much as J.J. does!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

"This is good chicken."
chew chew chew
"Oh seriously, this is really good......Who made this?"
chew chew chew
"Wow, probably the best chicken I've ever tasted."
chew chew chew
"Mmmmm...this is so supple."
chew chew chew

Yep, pretty sure he liked it. And he's flattered to have it named after him.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I am going to try this one, this week. I have HUGE rosemary bushes outside my door and hardly ever get the chance to use that fresh, year-round herb, so this will be my big chance. . .xxoxx