Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sweet and Spicy Pumpkin Seeds



For my very first post I thought I would bo seasonal and give you something to do with all those seeds.
Sweet and Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
1 cup seeds, free of slime but don't wash
5 T sugar
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. cumin
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. ginger
pinch cyenne
1 1/2 T. peanut oil
Bake seeds on a parchment lined cookie sheet for 1 hour at 250 degrees
In med bowl combine 3 T Sugar, salt, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, and cayenne. Heat oil in skillet over high heat. Add pumpkin seeds and 2 T sugar, cook until sugar melts and seeds begin to carmelize, 45-60 seconds. Transfer to bowl with spices and stir. Let cool. Stores for one week in airtight container.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I have always wanted to make pumpkin seeds...I can't wait to try this recipe. It looks great.