Sunday, March 8, 2009

Pear Salad!!

Pear Salad
This is my awesome cousin...ok Trent's awesome cousin, but I like to claim her as my own, made me lunch for me and Kamille the other day. How cool is that. Your friend calls says "Lets do lunch!" And she decides she is going to cook it all herself. I just have to provide some salmon I have in my freezer. Really, there is nothing better than that. Tracy is an awesome cook and for lunch she made Apricot Salmon, Pesto Baguettes and Pear Salad. This pear salad was to die for. And I am not kidding. I made it for my family the other night and they died over it too. So I got permission from Tracy to post this recipe, cuz I got a really good pic of it. Just know....that if you see a recipe from Tracy pop up on "Tried and True Ladies" then try it...you won't be disappointed.



Pear Salad
Tracy Fonger
1 head Romain lettuce
1 bag mixed greens ( I only used Romain cuz its all I had)
1/4 c. roasted walnuts or caramelized almonds
1/2 brick feta or bleu cheese
craisins
2 pears sliced

Dressing

1 c. sugar
1 t. salt
1/2 small red onion chopped
1 t. dry mustard
3/4 c. canola oil (I used olive)
1/2 c. red wine vinegar ( I used apple cider vinegar)
1 t. poppy seeds

Blend dressing thoroughly and chill. Toss desired amt. into salad just before serving.



2 comments:

Tracy the GREAT said...

Disclaimer: this isn't my recipe. It IS amazing, though. And, Julie, you REALLY didn't need to post that picture of me! Don't worry, I'll get you back. lol.

Kamille said...

This salad is divine and it will always be Tracy's salad!!!