Monday, July 19, 2010

DJ's Sweet Lips Farewell No-Pasta Pasta Salad

DJ is 19 and I am 35 so it is chronologically impossible for me to have dated him 15 years ago during my dating years. But believe you me if I was a single 18 or 19 year old I would want to. And apparently there are several ladies who are 18 or 19 who share my same sentiment. Especially since the day before his mission farewell he was kissed by two different girls within 5 minutes and neither one of them were girls he was dating at the time. And, yes, you read right they kissed him, not the other way around. With no warning at all and without seeing the other one do it, two girls separately walked right up to him, planted a big one right on his sweet lips, said "See you tomorrow" and walked away. In my mind that story is epic and I didn't even see it. I only heard about it and besides this salad, it was the most talked about thing at his post farewell lunch which is where I took this salad. And since DJ's sweet lips will be having a 2 year hiatus you might as well put this salad to your sweet lips instead. It is a great, different salad you can take to gatherings such as these that will have all your guests talking about almost as much as ... well, you know!;) (Can you imagine how big that story is going to get in the MTC?)
DJ's Sweet Lips Farewell No-Pasta Pasta Salad
1 bag of Fritos Honey BBQ twisted chips
1 c. corn- in the summer I use two fresh corn kernels cut straight from the cob, but I'm sure you could use frozen. Just thaw-don't cook.
1 yellow, red or orange pepper- chopped. Just one-not all three!
1/2 red onion- chopped
2 medium tomatoes- diced
1 avocado- diced
small can of sliced olives- when I made this all I had was chopped olives and I just used 1/2 a can
Can of black beans, drained
8oz. bottle of Catalina or French dressing
Mix all above together. The chips will soften a little bit in the dressing so if you want them crunchy mix right before serving. What makes this salad so different and "buzz-worthy" is people dish it up thinking it is pasta salad but are pleasantly surprised when the "pasta" is actually crunchy... in a good way!

2 comments:

amberjill said...

I'm just gonna go with, this recipe blog is all yours! Your recipe titles are sooo much better than anyone elses! Did I mention I miss you?

Kelly T, that's me! said...

I LOVE KARI!