Saturday, August 21, 2010

Balsamic Onion Blue Cheese Tarts

I am finally posting the appetizer from our February Cooking club. I thought it was so amazing that I have not been able to post this recipe due my slobbering problem. But its here now. I was looking at some pictures from the beginning of the year and saw these beautiful babes and new it was time to share what I know. I got this recipe from a cute little cookbook made by some ladies up at Suncrest, called "Peacocks on My Porch". These are talented ladies, and I am so happy I am privvy to their wisdom in the kitchen.
Balsamic Onion Blue Cheese Tarts 2 Lg. Onions, thinly sliced into half circles
1 1/2 T. Olive oil
1 T. butter
2 t. sugar
1 t. kosher salt
3/4 t. dry thyme
1 T. balsamic vinegar
5 oz. blue cheese
1 pkg. frozen puff pastry, thawed.

Saute onions, sugar and salt in oil AND butter until softened and reduced, about 45 min. Stir in thyme and balsamic vinegar. Take onions off heat.

Take pastry sheet and roll out on floured surface. Cut patry into squares. Poke center with a fork and make it pretty by crimping edges. Top each pastry with 1 tsp. onion and small crumble of blue cheese. Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temp. LOVE IT!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'm making it right now for a late night snack! It sounds so goooooood.