Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Honey-Lime Enchiladas

I recieved this recipe from my amazing friend who is also an amazing cook, Marcie Milne.  She cooked these for our cooking club about a year ago.  Since then I have tossed my other enchilada recipes out the window cuz this one truly is the best!! This recipe has been adapted from sixsistersstuff.com.  My good friend Jennica was in charge of cooking for 80 women for our Relief Society activity and she asked me for help since this gianormous job fell directly on her shoulders and her shoulders alone.  After changing her menu and hopefully not completely taking over we assembled 9 pans of these delicious enchiladas, and made 18 cups of refried beans.   Then Jennica continued to make cilantro lime rice....What a meal and What a woman!

Hone-Lime Enchiladas

Marinade
6 T. Honey
5 T. lime juice
1 T. Chili Powder
1/2 t. garlic powder or in my case 2-3 garlic cloves chopped
Mix marinade and put in ziplock bag with...
3-4 Chicken breasts, cooked and shredded.

Let chicken sit with marinade at least 30 minutes to overnight.

Other Ingredients.
8-10 flour tortillas
Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
16 oz. green enchilada sauce
1 c. heavy cream
Sour Cream

Directions
Pour 1/2 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of 9x13 pan.  Fill tortillas with chicken, shredded cheese and sour cream.  Put tortillas in pan as you go.  Whisk remaining enchilada sauce with heavy cream and pour sauce on top of enchiladas.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Bake on 350 for 30 minutes until brown and crispy on top.

1 comment:

Kelly T, that's me! said...

This makes me smile. Go Julie/Jennica. What a team!